Monday, March 2, 2015

Beautiful Collections - Vintage Lace and Ribbonwork


















Vintage Hankie Holders

I love old hankie holders.  
I've been collecting them for years.
They are like potato chips......  one just isn't enough!
I especially love those made of silk with lots of lace and ribbonwork.
Today I am sharing some of my favorites.
They are so beautiful.  Pretty little works of art.
They add a feminine touch to any boudoir.

Have a lovely week!

Sharing with
A Delightsome Life for A Return to Loveliness
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Coastal Charm for Show and Share
Our Home Away From Home for Tuesday's at Our Home
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday's
Adorned From Above for Wednesday's Adorned From Above Link Party
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Share Your Style Thursday
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
Rooted In Thyme for Simple & Sweet Friday's
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home Party
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Rose Garden Malevik for Saturday Show Off
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday!

I WAS
FEATURED
HERE

Simple & Sweet Fridays

14 comments:

Thelma said...

Hi Elizabeth. I like your blog. I like lace and satan. Your hanky holders are beautiful. I have a few. Thanks for sharing. Thelma

Alessandra said...

Your collection is stunning and very feminine. I love everything, these laces and ribbons are a romantic dream.
Kisses
Alessandra

Heirlooms For You said...

Elizabeth, These are beautiful. I love vintage laces. I have one vintage hankie cover but it is not nearly as pretty as these. Thanks for sharing. Carol

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Elizabeth, what a gorgeous collection, and great photos. I actually never knew hankie holders existed, but these are stunning.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I have never seen a vintage Handy Holder before...in fact I never even knew there was such a thing? Maybe I've seen them and didn't even know what they were? What a pretty collection you have. So nice of you to stop by and let me know you love dishes as much as I do. In fact, they just follow me home!

Tamara said...

These are all so beautiful! What a lovely blog you have.. Thank you for sharing. Have a blessed weekend.
Tamara

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Hello Elizabeth,

Your vintage collection of hanky holders is stunning. So very precious and feminine. The pastel colors and fabric is reminds me of something that Marie Antoinette would own.

What rare and exquisite items to own.
Thank you for sharing.

Wishing you a lovely week.

Janet

Gentle Joy said...

How beautiful! I love old linens and laces...they are so unappreciated by many people... and yet, they are so lovely. :)

LV said...

So lovely and elegant. I have several vintage ones that belonged to my family. Some very special that were my mothers.

Tea in the Library said...

Beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday.
(I had never heard of Hanky holders before. What do they look like inside?)

Anonymous said...

Hello, Elizabeth...I found one of your photos on Pinterest, and decided to come and check out your blog.

These are so lovely! I never realized there were so many different kinds of hanky holders. A while back, I bought a pretty crocheted clutch at a thrift store to hold my precious mother's hankies. Thank you for sharing yours.

Blessings for a delightful weekend,
Marianne xo

Donna said...

Wow, they are just gorgeous! I am drooling over all of that beautiful lace and pretty trims! I never knew there was such a thing as hanky holders. You have a lovely collection!!

Adorned From Above said...

Beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party.
Have a great week and I look forward to seeing what you you have for this week's party.
Debi

The Charm of Home said...

How beautiful these are! Thanks for sharing at HSH!