Friday, February 20, 2015

Tea Cups and Roses







Vintage Tea Cup Candles

I love vintage china.  
I've been collecting for years and have amassed a sizable collection......  always gravitating towards those with rose motifs..
I have several full sets, lots of tea cups and saucers and many mix and match pieces.
I use them in a variety of ways.....  such as hanging single plates on the wall instead of framed art and using the well loved and chipped pieces in my mosaic projects.  
I wanted to give handmade gifts this Valentine's Day so I decided to make tea cup candles.
I made a number of candles keeping this one for myself.
I plan to take a relaxing bath and read my favorite magazine to sweet smelling candle light.

Have a wonderful weekend 
and 
Happy Pink Saturday!

Sharing with
The Dedicated House for Make It Pretty Monday
A Stroll Thru Life for Inspire Me Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday's
Adorned From Above for Adorned From Above Link Party
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
Rooted In Thyme for Simple & Sweet Friday's
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
The Charm of Home for Home Sweet Home
The Feathered Nest for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
Craft Dictator for Craft Frenzy Friday
DIY Vintage Chic for Friday's Five Features
Rose Garden Malevik for Saturday Show Off
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday



I WAS FEATURED
HERE

Adorned From Above Wednesday's Link Party

What's It Wednesday




16 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That is just a beautiful idea, Elizabeth What a wonderful Valentine's Day gift those made
I love rose patterned china, too, but I do not have a very big collection.
You always have gorgeous posts. xo Diana

Tea in the Library said...

Lovely! Happy Pink Saturday!

LV said...

A great idea and thought. I have a set of the birthday cups and saucers I wish I could sell. I do not need things anymore.

Alessandra said...

Such a lovely idea! Your tea cups are wonderful, delicate and full of romance. Your pictures are very sweet as usual.
Kisses
Alessandra

Shirley said...

That's lovely, I don't think I've ever seen that pattern!

Julie's Lifestyle said...

I love your tea cup candle! It's so pretty and must look so nice lit up!
Julie

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

I love tea cups as well. Yours that you used for the candle is beautiful. I just did a post with Nippon violet chocolate cups; I invite you to stop by for a visit! ~Zuni

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

This is so lovely. Visiting from Shabbilicious Fridays.

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

I love the delicate rose teacup candle. So very pretty! I collect china as well........just can not pass by an orphan saucer or cup,

Anonymous said...

Lovely.
Happy pinks!

Adorned From Above said...

That candle in the tea cup is beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with Adorned From Above's Link Party. Look for the new party up tonight.
Have a great week.
Debi @ Adorned From Above

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

Kathy said...

Absolutely beautiful, Elizabeth - I will be featuring your post in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Beverly said...

Elizabeth, this is so pretty. I know the recipients of your gifts must have been thrilled.

Happy Pink Saturday. This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks". Thank you for sharing.♥

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I want to make some tea cup candles as birthday or Christmas gifts, but it's finding ones I can stand to part with is the thing. I love china
Janice

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

So lovely! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the fan favorites at the Sunday Showcase from the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link so you can check out your feature. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2015/03/the-sunday-showcase-from-make-it-pretty.html Hope to see you tomorrow at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse