Saturday, June 8, 2013

Feminine Luxuries ~ Pink Saturday!









 


 Handmade Hanger Covers

I have a large collection of antique and vintage clothing of which I love to display.  They add something very special to the decor and I enjoy looking at them.  
I wanted a pretty and stylish way to protect them from sun exposure and dust.  Some of them are very fragile and couldn't withstand a cleaning (not even dry cleaning).  
  I have piles and piles of vintage fabric, lace, and notions and decided to put some of them to good use.  
I made several sets of covered garment hangers.  
I used quality velvet hangers and made fitted covers for each.  On some of them I added little pockets (for a belt or piece of jewelry).  You can hang your garment over or under the cover.  They make everything look so pretty and organized.
I made a few extra of which are available for purchase via my Etsy shop:


 Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend 
and
Happy Pink Saturday!

also linking with
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday
Rooted In Thyme for Simple & Sweet Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday

4 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

What a wonderful idea, I loved how they turned out. Just hanging the hanger alone on a door would look nice.Many happy summer days ahead!
Blessings, Roxy

theromanticrose said...

Bellissime,delicate e romantiche!Rosetta

rosenrot said...

Dear Elizabeth,
its a perfect idea and also it looks wonderful :)
Wish you a nice and sunny new week
Marlies

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

My mother has always made these too Elizabeth and they are perfect for more delicate clothing. Thank you for linking at Shabbilicious Friday.