Wednesday, January 2, 2013

French Blue ~ Satin and Lace









"Before"

I can hardly believe it's 2013!
Like most.....   I've made a few resolutions for the new year.  
I've set a goal to complete at least one project "from my many lists" each week.  I have so many things I want to do!
I bought this lovely vintage satin pillow on Etsy (from Vanna's Armoire) right before Christmas.  I opened the box and and as wonderful as it was in it's original condition...  it needed some work.  So.....  as usual.....  I set it aside and didn't think about it for a few days.
I was looking through some of my favorite magazines for inspiration and thought "how do these women get so much done....  with work, family, cooking, cleaning, etc"? I decided.... if they can.... I can, too!  Hence my New Years resolution.
This satin pillow was my first project.
I used scraps of satin fabric, bits of vintage lace and an old crocheted doily to create the large rose.  I repositioned the original blue bow and added a vintage rhinestone earring to the center.  I love how it turned out.  It was the jewel on my sofa through the holidays.

May 2013 be the best ever!
Cheers!
Elizabeth

Linking with
Ivy and Elephants for What's It Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesday
Adorned From Above for Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop
The Vintage Farmhouse for Creative Things Thursday
A Delightsome Life for Home and Garden Thursday
No Minimalist Here for Open House Party Thursdays
French Country Cottage for Feathered Nest Friday
My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday
REDOUX for What Have You Redone Friday Link Party
Common Ground for Be Inspired Friday
Shabby Art Boutique for Shabbilicious Friday Link Party
How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday

6 comments:

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

beautiful!

lvroftiques said...

Liz it's really beautiful! Thank you for the shout out *winks* I can't wait to see what other "projects" you'll be sharing! Vanna

NanaDiana said...

That is beautiful. It looks great to me...even if it does require a bit of work. I went downstairs tonight and repaired 4 things that have been sitting there waiting for me....and then I smiled to myself- xo Diana

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

What a gorgeous pillow Elizabeth! I love what you've done with it. :)

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

This was featured this week! http://www.thevintagefarmhouse.com/2013/01/creative-things-thursday_10.html

Ivy and Elephants said...

So beautiful! You are on a roll, I've not completed one project yet!
I'll try to draw from your inspiration! You've really made it your own.
Hugs,
Patti