Saturday, July 7, 2012

Mint Dreams! ~ Happy Pink Saturday!












Mint 1950's Ruffled Tulle Dress

You know I LOVE these vintage party and prom dresses!
I can't get enough and love each and every one.
I have always loved fashion and the more girly girl.... the better!
As a little girl I would thumb through magazines and cut out pictures of beautiful clothes.
I learned to sew when I was about 6 yrs old.  I would stand by my mother and sew (I was to little to sit down and reach the peddle).  By the third grade I could actually wear my creations to school. 
In high school and as a young woman I loved fashion.  I went to school and worked part time so I could buy fabric to make the clothes in my favorite magazines.
When I had children I sewed their clothes.... until my son started complaining that he was to old (about age 5).  LOL! that didn't last long.  My daughter, however, had to endure much longer.  I made almost all of her clothes and costumes until she was about 12.  Now she hates pink and anything with ruffles!!  I ruined her!
This "Lovely" has a satin bodice with tulle overlay and lots and lots of ruffles!
I dressed up the neckline with a huge rhinestone pin.
It's so glamorous! 
Now all it needs is a tuxedo to step out with.

Have a great weekend!
and
Happy 

5 comments:

Tami @ Creative girl Vintage said...

I adore those dresses!!
Happy Pink Saturday! xo Tami

NanaDiana said...

I love that beautiful dress! It is sad that your daughter doesn't love ruffles/pink anymore. Maybe she will be bitten by the nostalgia bug and come around a little later in life.

I sewed all my kids clothes and my own, too- xo Diana

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh what gorgeous prom dresses you have! I bet your daughter would have hated ruffles and pink even if you hadn't sewn her clothes LOL!

Carol

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

In my younger days I used to make many of my own clothes, mostly out of necessity. I remember making all of my maternity tops. My Mom made my clothes when I was a little girl but I have never grown tired of pink and ruffles.

Love your collection of dresses. I have a passion for the same.

I would have love to have seen your tea cup candlelabra....they are easy to make.

hugs
Sissie

janice15 said...

Our children don't seem to always love what we love...My oldest love some of the things I like but not all...your dresses are very sweet I remember my cousins wearing dresses like them...thank you for sharing. blessings..with love Janice