Monday, February 6, 2012

All Dressed Up..... vintage floor lamp





I shared in a previous post......  that I had picked up this old floor lamp at the flea market for $12.  It didn't work or have a shade.  My hubby re-wired it and I made a shabby chic shade for it.  I decided it needed a little help.  It looked so plain.  I added some beaded fringe to the shade and dressed it up by adding a beautiful, old, lace scarf and a vintage celluloid pin.  It's just what it needed.  From plain Jane to Cinderella.

The stem of the lamp has the most beautiful pink and yellow porcelain roses.  I haven't decided whether or not to paint the lamp a creamy white or leave it alone (keeping the pink and yellow roses in tact).  What do YOU think??  I would love your comments and feedback.

Happy Monday!
Have a great week!
Elizabeth

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That is just gorgeous! GORGEOUS! I think it would be beautiful painted white or left as is. Happy Monday- xo Diana

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Hello Elizabeth! It's nice to see you blogging! I'm going to follow so not to miss anything. :)
- Susan